Yesterday marked the end of the second nine weeks grading period at the boys schools. Both came home with reports cards that made us proud. Zachary was recently awarded the title of "Star Student", and missed the "A-B" honor roll by just one "C". Dylan earned a citizenship award and made the "A-B' honor roll.
I am trying not to sound too braggartly, and I don't have a bumper sticker on the back of my mini-van touting my kids intelligence, but I am proud of them. As you might recall, both boys transitioned from public school at home to our local district following Christmas break. They have made a very smooth transition.
I'm proud of Jen, as well. She has had a lot on her plate, and while we both had to admit that we needed to make the difficult choice to switch educational gears, mid-year, it appears that they were academically pretty well prepared... and brought home the grades to prove it.
Good job, guys!
5 comments:
Good Job, boys!! Hard work pays off. At our house A's and B's deserve a trip to our favorite Ice cream shop. Yes, even in the winter! Keep up the good work!
Jody and Mike
Good job guys!!!! Sounds like the move was a good one, and a smooth one:-).
This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. And always remember that any grade (even a C or D) is acceptable as long as it was worked hard for. I'll never forget one particular "F" that I received on a college exam. I worked hard for it and was not ashamed for receiving it. I knew I had done my absolute best. Still, better that those are the exceptions and not the rule. A's and B's will get you much further toward where you want to go.
Congrats to Zachary and Dylan! And to you guys for getting a little affirmation of the great job you've been doing with the boys at home.
It's amazing how adaptable kids are -- much more than we adults! Keep up the good work, Dylan and Zach, it's all worth it!!
Post a Comment