Monday, November 10, 2008

what is it?

This picture was recently featured on one of Zachary's first grade worksheets about silent consonants. The instructions were to select whether the featured item started with a "gn" or "wr". Zachary was stumped, so he asked my wife what the picture was. My wife was stumped, so she asked me for help. I said, "well, of course, everyone knows its a... uhh... hmm... its a... well, it looks like a... I don't know". I finally figured it out, with the help of my trusty Webster's dictionary, but, apart from that, I never would have figured it out... and neither would my first grader. I mean, come on, who writes this stuff?

Just curious, do you know the answer (without consulting Webster)? stay tuned! I'll tell you who this character is in a few days. (I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat!)

2 comments:

Jean said...

Is it a gnu? Happy Anniversary!!! I love the updated photos.


Jean

BigOrangeDog said...

Yep. He's a gnu. There used to be a kid's show in the 70s (can't remember what it was called), that had a Gnu doing the News. There was some line about "No gnus is good news" or something like that...
Jen