Friday, December 10, 2010

pudgee smudgees

I wear glasses.  Everyday.  All day.  For the past 30-plus years. 

I can (and do) tolerate some dust and dirt on my lenses.  But, finger smudges are another story.  They are intolerable... until lately.

I've been battling finger smudges on my lenses, recently, a bit more than normal.  And, no, I'm not just suddenly getting careless in the handling of my glasses!  Why, then?

Since Benny is developmentally delayed (I say that hesitantly, not wanting to insult or embarrass him), we are proud of him and praise him for things that parents of other children his age may just take for granted.  He is making progress in his speech and motor skills, and enjoying going to preschool two days per week at our county MRDD school.  It has been good for his development and he does well with the structure.  The hope is still that he will catch up with his peers, but for now, all strides in development are encouraged and celebrated.

In this case, at 27 months, one of the recent new Benny activities is for him to point out and name both his and our "nose, eye and mmmm [mouth]".  He does this often, then claps and says, "Yay!" (Because we clap and say, "Yay!")  Of course, his goal is to actually touch (not just point to) the nose, eyes and mouth with his pudgee little finger!

Well... I think you see why this Dad often sports pudgee smudgees on his eyeglass lenses!  But, they're only little for such a short time... I'll deal with a few smudges!

Love you, Benny J.  You're my favorite Benny in the whole world!

Of course, everyone knows Lego tubs are for sitting in!

Daddy's footsteps?

2 comments:

Beth W. said...

Awww, he is getting SOOO big! How precious. Love that little boy!

The Father of Five said...

Keep them smudgees comin' !!!! (and, sigh... You are sure right about not being little very long.)

That boy of yours, he sure got some big feet!! (snicker)