In school, I gravitated toward Arts and English rather than Math and Science, so it was no surprise that I found blogging enjoyable... especially when my blog link spread throughout the adoptive community, causing strangers from various states and countries to read and comment on my travel posts. Maybe my ego has needs, but I found it rewarding to have various people interested enough in what I wrote to bother reading it. But, not just reading it... some actually commented on what I wrote, which feels a little like payday for a blogger. (Some readers may not understand this, but most bloggers or aspiring writers can relate!)
After being home from China a few weeks, I decided to preserve "to China, for Lily" and replace it with "Backside of Forty" to include the rest of my growing family, and other topics I might find worth writing about... a memior, of sorts, about my life roles and accomplishments, struggles and (when I'm feeling vulnerable) failures. Generally, it's what makes me tick.
In addition to the thrill of knowing a few people read what I write, I have three main motivations for my current blog:
- I hope my kids will someday appreciate what made Dad tick.
- Life moves fast. If I don't journal some of it, I'll forget some of it.
- Writing is therapeutic. I sometimes write to process thoughts.
That was one of the best writer's rewards!
1 comment:
That's a reward I often forget about since mine don't read my posts yet, but so true!
Post a Comment