Tuesday, December 30, 2008

half a year... half a world ago

I was reminded by reading the blogs of some of my travel friends, that today is the six month anniversary of meeting Lily. I considered not posting about this, because it seems that I don't make such a big deal about monthly milestones of my other kids. But, the milestone is significant because it still, many times, seems unbelievable that six months ago I was on the other side of the world, meeting my 3 year old daughter for the first time. Sometimes the experience seems like a dream, yet the proof that it was not sleeps in the next room, as I write this.
June 30, 2008 - December 25 2008
Lily,
There are a handful of days of my life that I never want to forget... and June 30, 2008 is one of them. You're my favorite Lily in the WHOLE world, and I love being your Baba!
Love, Daddy

2 comments:

Jill said...

From what you've written about your older boys, I don't think they'd mind their dad sharing about this special milestone. They seem pretty happy about their sister, too. :) What a cute reindeer you have there!

The Father of Five said...

What a moving post.

Like Jill said... The older ones will completely understand!